Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I love ice cream with some kind of sauce on it. Call me weird LOL! This is a really good sauce and it's one of my favorite go-to sauces. I found this years ago on the web. Be sure you don't use semi-sweet, it's no good in this recipe. It's been awhile since I made this, I can't remember exactly how much it made. I did the 2oz, then truffles, then I think I made the 3oz. If you make this, please post how much, if you please.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag. This is super easy and very good. I did add about a tablespoon or so of creamy peanut butter at the end and it reminded me of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! One word of warning ~ if you make this in your microwave like I did, be sure to watch it carefully ~ it boils over really fast!!!! Thanks for a great recipe Fluffster! I'll be using this one often - like that it has a few simple ingredients.
- 2 -3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (if you go for the 3 oz. you may want to add a little more.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully melt the chocolate in the condensed milk, and bring to a boil. Boil gently for a minute. Then add the vanilla. You can also add peanut butter (just a big spoonful or, no big deal) if desired. I prefer the 2oz. of chocolate, but you may want the 3oz.
- Thin with regular milk, if you need to.
- You may like to use a different extract, such as almond or maple, or which ever. It's really cool to make truffles out of this after it cools a little.