Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in "A Samford Celebration Cookbook". Can't wait to try this one!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 15 1⁄2 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 15" x 10" jelly roll pan with foil. Melt butter in pan; sprinkle nuts and coconut evenly in pan; drizzle with the condensed milk. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs at high speed for 2 minutes until fluffy. Gradually add sugar; continue beating 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; beat 1 minute at low speed. Pour evenly into pan over the filling.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until the cake springs back when touched in the center.
- Sprinkle the cake (in pan) with powdered sugar. Cover with a towel; invert pan. Remove pan and foil. Roll-up jelly roll fashion, using towel to roll cake. Leave covered until cooled.