Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For croissant lovers..this is a very easy and elegant dessert, puff pastry filled with chocolate, then drizzled with a smooth chocolate glaze on the top.
Top Review by tnkisland
Family loved them! Rolled out puff pastry a bit with a rolling pin a bit and cut into 6 squares for each sheet. Better size for a breakfast treat since there would be other things to eat. Used semi sweet chocolate chips instead of milk cholocate and was even more like the real chocolate croissant! Could have made a double batche they went so fast!
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed (use one 17-ounce box)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water (more or less as needed)
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface, then roll out to make a 10-inch square.
- Cut into four even squares.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons milk chocolate baking chips in the center of each square.
- Brush the edges lightly with the beaten egg.
- Fold each square into triangles, press the edges to seal.
- Place on the baking sheets 2-inches apart.
- Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet.
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for about 3 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt the 2 ounces semisweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons butter on HIGH for about 25-30 seconds, stirring once and until smooth. until smooth.
- Stir/whisk in the confectioners sugar until combined.
- Add in water until the icing is smooth and desired consistency for drizzling.
- Drizzle over the pastries.
- Sift lighty with confectioners sugar if desired.