For croissant lovers..this is a very easy and elegant dessert, puff pastry filled with chocolate, then drizzled with a smooth chocolate glaze on the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease 2 baking sheets.
- 3Unfold one sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface, then roll out to make a 10-inch square.
- 4Cut into four even squares.
- 5Place 2-3 tablespoons milk chocolate baking chips in the center of each square.
- 6Brush the edges lightly with the beaten egg.
- 7Fold each square into triangles, press the edges to seal.
- 8Place on the baking sheets 2-inches apart.
- 9Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet.
- 10Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- 11Cool on baking sheets for about 3 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 12In a small microwave-safe bowl melt the 2 ounces semisweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons butter on HIGH for about 25-30 seconds, stirring once and until smooth. until smooth.
- 13Stir/whisk in the confectioners sugar until combined.
- 14Add in water until the icing is smooth and desired consistency for drizzling.
- 15Drizzle over the pastries.
- 16Sift lighty with confectioners sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Puff Pastry Croissants
Serving Size: 1 (945 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.8
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 205.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g