Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Bakingbites.com. ''I love this recipe because it is baked in the same pan that it is mixed in, so there is little to no cleanup. I also love, of course, the taste! The cake is super moist and chocolatey- in fact, this is one of my favorite chocolate desserts. The chocolate pudding is extremely rich tasting, but is actually quite light, and makes a perfect compliment to the cake. To make the dish even more decadent, top it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. ''
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (miniature, if you have them)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt in an 8 inch square baking pan and stir with a fork to combine. Mix in milk and oil until batter is uniform.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa and chocolate chips evenly over batter. Add vanilla to the hot water and pour over everything. Do not mix.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until surface of the cake looks dry. The pudding will be bubbling around the edges. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Leftovers, if you have them, may be stored for one day at room temperature. Reheat before serving.