Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This has a cake mix chocolate crust that just melts in your mouth!
Make and share this Easy Chocolate- Pecan Pie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Set aside 1 cup of cake mix for the filling.
- For the crust: In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining cake mix, butter, and slightly beaten egg.
- Stir with a fork until crumbly.
- Transfer into prepared pan.
- With lightly floured hands, press lightly and evenly into bottom of pan to form a crust (don't pack crust down to hard).
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes (don't over bake).
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl, combine the second mixture of eggs, brown sugar, cornsyrup and vanilla.
- Add the reserved 1 cup of cake mixture; stir with a fork, just until blended (do not beat, some tiny clumps will remain thats okay!).
- Spread filling evenly over baked crust; sprinkle evenly with pecans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the filling appears set when pan is gently shaken.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
Oh my GOODNESS! This is a FABULOUS dessert!!!!! I only had dark brown sugar and light corn syrup, but I don't think it altered the taste much, if any. I didn't get a picture of the entire pan, because pieces were stolen before it ever even cooled! These are fabulous as is, but if you heat a bar in the microwave a few seconds, top with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup, you have a dessert tasty enough to be served in a restaurant! I never knew something so delicious could start with a mix. Thanks for posting a SURE WINNER Kitten!