Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A super-simple chocolate bark with salt and pecans. I found it in Southern Living magazine. Ghiradelli chocolate is recommended for this recipe.
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 (4 ounce) bars bittersweet baking chocolate
- 3 (4 ounce) bars white baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (or kosher salt)
- Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10, until toasted.
- Line a 17x12 jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Break each chocolate bar into eight equal pieces (you will end up with 48 pieces in total). Arrange them in a checker-board pattern on the jelly roll pan. The pieces will touch.
- Bake at 225 degrees for 5 minutes or just until chocolate is melted. Remove pan to a wire rack. Swirl chocolate with a wooden pick. Sprinkle evenly with pecans and salt.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator up to one month.