Recipe by alarra
My mum used to make these when I still at school, and then she stopped making them. I only recently got her to give me the recipe, but it didn't turn out like I remembered; I've tinkered with it a bit to make it chewier and more like my memory of it. =) It's quite thin and not as rich as a brownie, but more moist than a slice.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 g butter
- 150 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- grease and line a baking tray.
- melt chocolate and butter over low heat, remove from heat.
- mix well, adding sugar, egg, vanilla essence, flour, salt.
- add nuts last and mix in well.
- pour into baking tray, don’t flatten.
- bake for 30-35 minutes.
- cool, then cut into squares.