Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mum used to make these when I still at school, and then she stopped making them. I only recently got her to give me the recipe, but it didn't turn out like I remembered; I've tinkered with it a bit to make it chewier and more like my memory of it. =) It's quite thin and not as rich as a brownie, but more moist than a slice.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- grease and line a baking tray.
- melt chocolate and butter over low heat, remove from heat.
- mix well, adding sugar, egg, vanilla essence, flour, salt.
- add nuts last and mix in well.
- pour into baking tray, don’t flatten.
- bake for 30-35 minutes.
- cool, then cut into squares.
Really easy to make, although did use milk chocolate and self raising flour so it was more like a cake but it was delicious will be making it again