My mum used to make these when I still at school, and then she stopped making them. I only recently got her to give me the recipe, but it didn't turn out like I remembered; I've tinkered with it a bit to make it chewier and more like my memory of it. =) It's quite thin and not as rich as a brownie, but more moist than a slice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2grease and line a baking tray.
- 3melt chocolate and butter over low heat, remove from heat.
- 4mix well, adding sugar, egg, vanilla essence, flour, salt.
- 5add nuts last and mix in well.
- 6pour into baking tray, don’t flatten.
- 7bake for 30-35 minutes.
- 8cool, then cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Pecan Brownie Slice
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.8
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.7 mg
- Sodium 44.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g