Prep 1 min
Cook 7 mins
This is wicked on ice cream, and keeps up to a 7 days tightly covered in the fridge. If you prefer a sweeter sauce, increase the sugar slightly.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring 1 cup water to a boil.
- Whisk in cocoa powder and sugar; cook whisking constantly until the mixture forms bubbles around the edges of the pan.
- Simmer until sauce thickens slighty, whisking constantly (this should take about 3-4 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in peanut butter; simmer until sauce thickens and is smooth (another 3 minutes longer).
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla; cool slightly.
- If not using immediately, cool completely and transfer to a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Just rewarm slightly before using.
It's okay, but didn't live up to the reviews. needs more sweetness and is too thick.
This is fabulous! Thick & rich & flavourful!
This sounds scrummy and has the potential to become one of life's 'comfort' foods. How long will it keep in the fridge?