Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is adapted from Kraft. I couldn't resist once I saw how easy it is!
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (2-layer size)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package; cool completely. (Use the amount of eggs, oil and water as directed on your cake mix; the amounts above are an estimate).
- BEAT cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-low speed until well blended.
- Add peanut butter; mix well. Blend in 1 cup of the whipped topping. Spread over cake.
- PLACE chocolate chips in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minute or until completely melted, stirring after each minute. Add remaining 2 cups whipped topping; stir until well blended.
- Spread evenly over frosted cake. Refrigerate until set. Store in refrigerator.