Recipe by Loves2Teach
Such a simple dessert! Would be great for a potluck. From southern living magazine.
Top Review by Ms B.
I prepared these with creamy peanut butter and milk chocolate chips. The vanilla wafers are a nice change from the traditional graham cracker base of most peanut butter bars. Very rich, cut them small. :-)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (about 45 cookies)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla wafer crumbs; beat until blended.
- Press mixture evenly into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish lined with wax paper.
- Stir together chocolate morsels and whipping cream in a medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Spread evenly on top of peanut butter mixture.
- Chill one hour or until firm.
- Remove from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Cut into 48 bars.