Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe can be served from one large bowl or it can be served from individual dessert dishes. Chill time is not included in the prep or cook time. Originally from Southern Living.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rum
- whipped cream
- grated chocolate
- Microwave chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup cream in a glass bowl at HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and stirring twice.
- Stir in vanilla and rum, blending well.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Beat remaining 2 cups cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream in chocolate mixture.
- Pipe or spoon into a large serving bowl or individual dessert glasses.
- Garnish with additional whip cream and grated chocolate, if desired.
- Chill 2 hours.