Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- whipped cream
- chocolate, fans
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add chocolate morsels, vanilla, and salt. Process 30 seconds.
- In a small saucepan, heat 3/4 cup whipping cream to just boiling. With processor running, add hot cream through food chute; process 30 seconds or until chocolate completely melts. Add egg yolks; process 5 seconds or until smooth. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl; cool completely.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into a 1 quart serving bowl or individual bowls. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- To serve, garnish mousse with whipped cream and chocolate fans.