Recipe by LMillerRN
This recipe uses packaged chewy cookies, but check your local bakery for freshly baked ones if you prefer
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 15 mint-flavored creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) packagelarge chewy chocolate cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together softened ice cream and sandwich cookie pieces. Freeze 30 minutes. Spread ice cream evenly on 1 side of 5 large chewy cookies; top with remaining large chewy cookies. Place in plastic or wax paper sandwich bags, and freeze at least 1 hour.
- Butter Pecan Ice-cream Sandwiches: Omit mint-and-cream-filled sandwich cookies. Substitute 2 pints butter pecan ice cream for vanilla ice cream and 1 (8.75-ounce) package large chewy sugar cookies for chewy chocolate cookies. Proceed as directed.
- Mocha-Almond-Fudge Ice-cream Sandwiches: Omit mint-and-cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies. Substitute 2 pints mocha-flavored ice cream with chocolate-covered almonds for vanilla ice cream. Proceed as directed. Note: For testing purposes only, we used Starbucks Coffee Almond Fudge Ice Cream.
- Oatmeal-Rum-Raisin Ice-cream Sandwiches: Omit mint-and-cream-filled sandwich cookies. Substitute 1 (8.75-ounce) package large, chewy oatmeal cookies for chewy chocolate cookies. Pour 1/4 cup dark rum over 1/2 cup golden raisins; let stand 2 hours. Drain and discard rum. Stir rum-soaked raisins into softened ice cream, and proceed as directed.