1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe uses packaged chewy cookies, but check your local bakery for freshly baked ones if you prefer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 15 mint-flavored creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package large chewy chocolate cookies
- 1Stir together softened ice cream and sandwich cookie pieces. Freeze 30 minutes. Spread ice cream evenly on 1 side of 5 large chewy cookies; top with remaining large chewy cookies. Place in plastic or wax paper sandwich bags, and freeze at least 1 hour.
- 2Butter Pecan Ice-cream Sandwiches: Omit mint-and-cream-filled sandwich cookies. Substitute 2 pints butter pecan ice cream for vanilla ice cream and 1 (8.75-ounce) package large chewy sugar cookies for chewy chocolate cookies. Proceed as directed.
- 3Mocha-Almond-Fudge Ice-cream Sandwiches: Omit mint-and-cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies. Substitute 2 pints mocha-flavored ice cream with chocolate-covered almonds for vanilla ice cream. Proceed as directed. Note: For testing purposes only, we used Starbucks Coffee Almond Fudge Ice Cream.
- 4Oatmeal-Rum-Raisin Ice-cream Sandwiches: Omit mint-and-cream-filled sandwich cookies. Substitute 1 (8.75-ounce) package large, chewy oatmeal cookies for chewy chocolate cookies. Pour 1/4 cup dark rum over 1/2 cup golden raisins; let stand 2 hours. Drain and discard rum. Stir rum-soaked raisins into softened ice cream, and proceed as directed.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate-Mint Ice-Cream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.4
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 370.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mint-flavored creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies