Recipe by redbeardslady
I found this recipe at the Baker's Catalog website. The chocolate chips create a marbled-like effect and gives this bread a lightly sweet flavor. Easy to make in your bread machine! Cooking time includes dough rising times.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (tepid, approx. 98 degrees, check with finger)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves (or any other nut you prefer, I used chopped walnuts)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips and nuts into the pan of your bread machine, in the order listed above.
- Use the "raisin bread" setting, if possible, with a light crust.
- The doughball should be smooth, not sticky. Adjust by adding a little water or flour if necessary.
- Add chips and nuts at the "add raisin" signal, or approximately 3 minutes before the end of the second kneading.
- Makes 1-1/2 loaf.