Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Be sure to use really cold milk for this classic fountain treat! And don't overmix to get the perfect slushy thick texture! Adapted from cooking.com.
- 5 -6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- In a blender, put in the ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup and malted milk powder.
- Blend until just combined, trying to get as smooth as possible. Be sure not to overmix!
- Serve at once in tall glasses, with a long teaspoon or straw in each glass. Enjoy!
mmmm this is yummy :) It also tastes good without the malt. great recipe thanks for sharing :)
Made for Jan., 2008 Beverage Tag. It has been years since I have had a malted milkshake. This recipe brings back wonderful memories. This recipe is great and I will be making this often in the summer. Thank for another keeper, Sharon.
This was over the top rich for me but my husband was very happy. It has a nice rich chocolate flavor and it was just about the right consistency that we like. Thanks Sharon123. Bullwinkle