Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 16 bars.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the biquick mix, brown sugar, semisweet chips, white chocolate chips and then milk chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- EASY CHOCOLATE LOVER'S BARS GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, melted, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- CHOCOLATE BARS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed; do not overstir.
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into 16 squares.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.