Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 16 bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the biquick mix, brown sugar, semisweet chips, white chocolate chips and then milk chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5EASY CHOCOLATE LOVER'S BARS GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, melted, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 7CHOCOLATE BARS INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9In a large bowl, blend the butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed; do not overstir.
- 11Spread the batter evenly in a greased 8x8 inch baking pan.
- 12Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13Cool completely in pan before cutting into 16 squares.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Lover's Bars (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 246.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g