Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Very easy and very pretty dessert to serve to company.Prep time includes baking cake.
- chocolate cake mix, and ingredients to make it (eggs,oil)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2-1 cup Amaretto or 1⁄2-1 cup other liqueur
- 1 bag toffee pieces (like Heath bars)
- Make cake as directed on box in 13x9 pan.
- Let cake cool.
- Tear with hands and layer 1/3 of cake in glass bowl or trifle dish.
- Pour 1/3 or liqueur over cake.
- Spread 1/3 of cool whip over this layer.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of toffee chips over cool whip.
- Repeat with two more layers, ending up with toffee chips.
- Chill until serving.
- Can be made a day ahead if tightly covered.