Recipe by Genetics85
From the book "chocolate - cooking with the world's best ingredient" by Christine McFadden and Christine France. Their recipe calls for hazelnuts, but those are hard to find so I just use pecans.
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (more if desired)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease pan (preferably 8 inch by 8 inch).
- Add evaporated milk, sugar and salt to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Make sure to stir constantly to prevent it from burning.
- Remove the pan from heat and immediately add chocolate chips and nuts. Stir.
- When the chocolate chips are completely melted, pour into the greased pan.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature to set.
- That's it!