Recipe by Jen T
These are very easy and quick to make especially using bought frozen pre rolled puff pastry sheets and canned pear or peach halves. They make for a light dessert. Also fun for children to help make and then watch puff up while cooking.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Excellent!! Fast!!! Absurdly easy! Even easier if you double the recipe, lol. I drained a can of sliced pears & used that. Fabulous. Delicious. A definite keeper. Thank you! Made for Aussie Swap 5/09.
- 4 pear halves in natural juice (canned)
- 200 g puff pastry
- 4 tablespoons chocolate (chopped or coarsely grated)
- milk or beaten egg, to glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out puff pastry to a 20cm square or use a frozen pre rolled puff pastry sheet which has been defrosted.
- Cut into quarters.
- Place some chocolate in centre of each square.
- Sit a pear half cut side down firmly on top.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Sprinkle on a little demerara sugar for a crunchy topping if wished.
- Bake at 220°C for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and/or pre made custard which has been thinned a little with some juice from the tin of pears.
- These can also be made using peach halves and the centres filled with white chocolate.