Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are very easy and quick to make especially using bought frozen pre rolled puff pastry sheets and canned pear or peach halves. They make for a light dessert. Also fun for children to help make and then watch puff up while cooking.
- Roll out puff pastry to a 20cm square or use a frozen pre rolled puff pastry sheet which has been defrosted.
- Cut into quarters.
- Place some chocolate in centre of each square.
- Sit a pear half cut side down firmly on top.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Sprinkle on a little demerara sugar for a crunchy topping if wished.
- Bake at 220°C for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and/or pre made custard which has been thinned a little with some juice from the tin of pears.
- These can also be made using peach halves and the centres filled with white chocolate.
Excellent!! Fast!!! Absurdly easy! Even easier if you double the recipe, lol. I drained a can of sliced pears & used that. Fabulous. Delicious. A definite keeper. Thank you! Made for Aussie Swap 5/09.