Jen T's Note:
These are very easy and quick to make especially using bought frozen pre rolled puff pastry sheets and canned pear or peach halves. They make for a light dessert. Also fun for children to help make and then watch puff up while cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out puff pastry to a 20cm square or use a frozen pre rolled puff pastry sheet which has been defrosted.
- 2Cut into quarters.
- 3Place some chocolate in centre of each square.
- 4Sit a pear half cut side down firmly on top.
- 5Brush with beaten egg or milk.
- 6Sprinkle on a little demerara sugar for a crunchy topping if wished.
- 7Bake at 220°C for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- 8Serve warm with whipped cream and/or pre made custard which has been thinned a little with some juice from the tin of pears.
- 9These can also be made using peach halves and the centres filled with white chocolate.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Filled Pear Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.1
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 129.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g