Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are very easy and quick to make especially using bought frozen pre rolled puff pastry sheets and canned pear or peach halves. They make for a light dessert. Also fun for children to help make and then watch puff up while cooking.
- Roll out puff pastry to a 20cm square or use a frozen pre rolled puff pastry sheet which has been defrosted.
- Cut into quarters.
- Place some chocolate in centre of each square.
- Sit a pear half cut side down firmly on top.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Sprinkle on a little demerara sugar for a crunchy topping if wished.
- Bake at 220°C for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and/or pre made custard which has been thinned a little with some juice from the tin of pears.
- These can also be made using peach halves and the centres filled with white chocolate.