1/1 Photo of Easy Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
Sweet treats for anytime or occasion. For the kids or dinner parties.This recipe comes from Real Simple February 2009. In 10 minutes you have a great dessert or sweet snack with few ingredients. We made them for the holidays and topped with green sprinkles but you can top with anything your heart desires. The site wouldn't let me use just topping so I had to put ice cream topping but there is no ice cream involved here. You get the idea though. Enjoy this little ditty. ChefDLH
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 marshmallows
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons ice cream topping (such as chopped pistachios, shredded coconut, and crumbled graham crackers also Mini m&ms, sprinkles)
- 1Melt chocolate one of two ways (see below).
- 2Dip half of each marshmallow in the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off.
- 3Then sprinkle with your desired toppings.
- 4Serve immediately or chill until firm, about 20 minutes.
- 5*************** To melt chocolate*************.
- 6Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler or a heat proof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally until melted, 2-3 minutes.
- 8Place chocolate chopped up in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 sec intervals stirring between each, until melted.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ice cream topping