Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet treats for anytime or occasion. For the kids or dinner parties.This recipe comes from Real Simple February 2009. In 10 minutes you have a great dessert or sweet snack with few ingredients. We made them for the holidays and topped with green sprinkles but you can top with anything your heart desires. The site wouldn't let me use just topping so I had to put ice cream topping but there is no ice cream involved here. You get the idea though. Enjoy this little ditty. ChefDLH
- 12 marshmallows
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 3 tablespoons ice cream topping (such as chopped pistachios, shredded coconut, and crumbled graham crackers also Mini m&ms, sprinkles)
- Melt chocolate one of two ways (see below).
- Dip half of each marshmallow in the melted chocolate, letting the excess drip off.
- Then sprinkle with your desired toppings.
- Serve immediately or chill until firm, about 20 minutes.
- *************** To melt chocolate*************.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler or a heat proof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally until melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Place chocolate chopped up in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 sec intervals stirring between each, until melted.
These are always a big hit at kid parties...but all the adults eat them too. I top mine with smarties.
These are YUMMY. I make mine without measuring-a package of Real Choc chips melted in double boiler. I insert tooothpicks into one side and dip, then dab them in rainbow sprinkles or mini choc chips, then place on a waxed paper lined baking sheet.I then put these in fridge to set and place on platter about 1 hr before serving. Great make ahead treat!