Recipe by TexasDK
I heard about this dessert at our last weight watchers meeting and wanted to try it because of the unusual ingredients! It was *so easy* to make and better yet it was *very delicious*! No one could believe it was a "low fat" dessert! *Yummy*!
Top Review by Stacywoo
What a great treat!! I only used about 10 oz. of diet soda (Diet Coke w/ splenda) and it worked great. I also mixed my pudding and cool whip together to make the icing. I'm trying a white cake mix with a diet orange soda next!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet cola (any flavor, I used Diet Dr. Pepper)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold nonfat milk
- 8 ounces fat-free cool whip (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate shavings
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Mix cola and cake mix together and spread in baking dish.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Make up pudding mix according to package directions using 2 cups fat free milk.
- Pour pudding over cooled cake.
- Let set until firm (about 5 minutes).
- Carefully "ice" cake with Cool Whip topping.
- If desired, garnish with chocolate shavings and chopped pecans (garnish will add extra points).
- Cut into 15 squares.
- Each piece is 3 Weight Watchers points.