Recipe by Sharon123
Easy recipe and after you coat with the chocolate you can dip in sprinkles-whatever colors fit your occasion, or you can roll in finely chopped nuts! Lots of fun for you and the kids will love helping! This recipe doubles, triples, etc. easily! Enjoy! :)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or you can use dark, milk chocolate, bittersweet)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 14 marshmallows
- colored sprinkles, your choice of color (optional)
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1-cup glass measure, heat together chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave oven on High about 1½ to 2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred. Or you may heat in a double boiler(I just place a pan that fits slightly in another pan that has boiling water and stir till melted and smooth).
- Using a fork, dip each marshmallow into chocolate over a cup. Place marshmallows 1 inch apart on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; immediately sprinkle sprinkles or the nuts on top, if using.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, 45 to 60 minutes. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Enjoy!