From Williams-Sonoma Kids Baking Cookbook (:
Make and share this Easy Chocolate Cookies!! recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 baking sheets with butter (or spray).
- Put the confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes (until creamy). Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl!
- Add one egg to the bowl and beat until blended. Then, add the second egg.
- Add the flour mixture. Mix on low speed until blended.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up a rounded spoonful of dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball using your hands.
- Roll the ball in the confectioners' sugar until covered.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Space each ball of dough about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until crackled and puffed.
- Enjoy! (:.
These are quick, easy, tasty, chocolate lay and very yummy! The cookies look delicious after baking too. We have made these several times and each time they re easy and delicious. They are a keeper and in our menu rotation. Good stuff!
I don't know why some people are acting as if this recipe so is troublesome. These cookies were absolutely delicious and were easy to make! Yes, the submitter forgot to include the vanilla, but we all make mistakes. Just add the vanilla when you beat the eggs, butter, and sugar together. It isn't rocket science, people. I have made these twice now, and they were great both times. They are a new favorite treat in our house.
There are some grammar and spelling errors which confused me. You also mentioned vanilla extract in the ingredient list but didn't mention when to put it in the directions. That is an inconvenience for novice bakers. My cookies didn't come out too great since I might not have mixed in the vanilla well because I only realized it was needed after the dough was formed