Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy! No bake and much lower fat than most fudge!
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Line a 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing it to extend over sides; butter the foil.
- In bowl, mix sugar, cocoa and the cinnamon.
- In saucepan, heat butter and milk until butter melts.
- Add vanilla extract and combine with sugar mixture.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into pan, chilling at least 1 hour.
- Use the foil to lift out of pan, then cut into squares.
I mocha-nized this recipe by substituting cold coffee for the milk. I used cashews for my nuts because that's what I had on hand. Instead of melting the milk and butter on the stove top, I simply nuked it in the microwave for 1 min. Only difference for next time (yes, there will be a next time) will be to increase the amount of cinnamon and replace the vanilla extract with coffee extract (I didn't have any for this time), just to kick up the flavour. Hazelnuts would also be unbelievably good in this recipe. I can't believe how easy this recipe is!!! As for the taste, I just put it in the fridge, but even warm it's very yummy (reminds me of frosting).
oh my gosh, i couldnt believe how easy this is too make and how fast it is, i added other flavors to get different flavors and i got all kinds of comments for christmas, sad thing is we ran out, i guess that a good thing! I wont do any of kind of fudge EVER, my four yr old can make it its that easy! LaGrande,Or
Love the little kick from the cinnamon! I made 8 different types of fudge this Christmas and DH declared this was one of the top 3. It was great with chopped pecans and I bet it would also be good with almonds or cashews.