Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is beautiful in a trifle bowl, but tasts just as good in a regular bowl! I got it from a friend who got it from Nestle. Cooking time includes chill time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip (plain or chocolate)
- 1 1⁄2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced or 1 1⁄2 quarts fresh raspberries
- Remove plastic wrapping from cookie dough. Cut dough in 1/2 lengthwise and then again in 1/2 lengthwise for a total of 4 pieces. Cut each piece into 2 1/2 inch logs, ending up with 16 pieces.
- Place 16 pieces on a sligtly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 11-12 minutes until cookies are lightly brown.
- Move cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pudding mixes and milk and beat until well blended.
- Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
- Crumble 6 of the cooled cookies and put 3/4 of them in the bottom of a deep 10 inch glass serving dish (trifle dish).
- Top the crumbled cookies with 1/3 of the pudding mixture.
- Place berries over pudding.
- Stand remaining 10 cookies, face side out along the inside of the dish.
- Place remaining pudding mixture in the bowl over the berries.
- Top with remaining cookie crumbles.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) before serving.
- You can garnish with mint leaves and additional fruit if desired.