Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are delicious cookies that are super-quick to make when you need to satisfy a cookie fix. Even my non-cooking roommates know how to make them, so we have these about once a week.. they never last for more than 24 hours. Try adding coconut, nuts, other dried fruit, etc...
- 236.59 ml margarine or 236.59 ml butter
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 78.07 ml water
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml oats
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugar in a bowl, then mix in vanilla.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Mix together baking soda and water, and then add to the batter.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet (no need to grease it), and bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.
The cookies were soo easy to make and soo yummy. Freeze them and make them later. They'll still taste good! I'll never use any other recipe!!
These were good and easy cookies. I found, though, that they were rather flat and they only needed 10 minutes, as anything more made them brown and get to toasted. The second batch I made I used margarine, as opposed to butter and added one egg. This helped tremendously as the cookies stayed more formed.
These were awesome! I made them after they were recommended in one of the chat threads. I ran out of butter so I had to use butter-flavored Crisco, and I added about a half cup of flaked coconut. Kept the chocolate chips also. These were easy to make and very yummy!!! Thanks for the recipe!