I found this recipe in a magazine (Southern Living I think), and I've been making it ever since. My friends always request this cake and the recipe, and my Grandmother takes it to all kinds of church functions. It's quick to put together, but no one will ever know how easy it really is. And I make it with fat free sour cream, skim milk, and egg substitute when the girls come over so we aren't guilty afterwards. Doesn't change the taste at all. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
13 x 9 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) package poundcake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
For Streusel Topping
- 1Prepare Streusel Topping: Combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon; stir in pecans and butter until crumbly topping. Set aside.
- 2Stir together chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon cake mix; set aside.
- 3Beat sour cream, milk, eggs, and remaining cake mix at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or until blended. Increase speed to medium, and beat 3 more minutes.
- 4Spoon half of batter into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan; sprinkle chocolate chip mixture evenly over batter. Spread remaining batter on top.
- 5Sprinkle Streusel Topping evenly over batter.
- 6Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.4 mg
- Sodium 36.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: