Recipe by SJG3483
My mother used to make this recipe whenever we had company. It was legendary in our neighborhood. It is quick and delicious!
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour water over oatmeal and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add sugars and margarine and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add dry ingredients except chips and mix.
- Add 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan.
- Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.