Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very good recipe to enjoy these delicious cherries covered with chocolate. Mmmm....enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup Splenda Blend)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, well drained and reserving 3 teaspoons liquid
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk (I use low-fat)
- In a large bowl stir flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Beat in a smaller bowl butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; beat until well blended. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place on ungreased sheet and press down center of dough.
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- FROSTING: In a medium microwave bowl combine chocolate pieces and condensed milk; heat in high until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in 3 teaspoons of cherry juice. Spoon 1 teaspoon frosting over each cherry, spreading to cover them well. Refrigerate until set and enjoy.