Recipe by green_sleeves
very easy, makes a nice bundt sized cake, tastes like you slaved over it all day! This works out better if it is all mixed by hand to keep the cherries whole. You can add a splash of cherry brandy if you like!
Top Review by Cheri 911
This was a good cake the first day, and a great cake the second day. Next time, i think i will put the chocolate chips in unmelted, to make little pockets of chocolate. Thanks for sharing this. It's a keeper.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon almond flavoring
- 19 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cherry brandy
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons table cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix with cocoa, beaten eggs, almond flavouring, melted chips and oil. Use a two cup glass measure to melt the chips and oil. Add cherry brandy if using. Fold in cherry pie filling. Turn into greased bundt pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 55 minutes. The residue heat will finish the cooking. Cool, turn out onto a plate and glaze.
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- 2 tbsp butter.
- 2 tbsp table cream.
- Microwave on medium the chips, butter, and milk until melted . Stir in 1/2 cup icing sugar ( optional ) Cool and pour over cake. I use the same two cup Pyrex measuring cup to melt the chips & oil to put into the cake, and save it unwashed to make the glaze. No point in wasting a bit of chocolate! One time I made it, I used a bit more cherries ( almost 1/2 can more ) and it was the best one yet! After I glazed it and let it cool, I dribbled some of the cherry goo over the glaze to keep it moist- went over huge in my home!
- This cake is best made the day before to allow the flavours to get happy!