Law School Chef's Note:
I took this recipe from TLC's "Take Home Chef" show and website and omitted the almonds because I'm not a big fan. These are easy and tasty, but making them does involve a bit of a mess (although that's part of the fun, isn't it?)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces high quality semisweet chocolate (I use Ghirardelli)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (use more or less as needed)
- 4 ounces almonds (optional)
- 1Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- 2In a small or medium saucepan, warm the cream over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- 3Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chocolate until the mixture is smooth.
- 4Stir in almonds (if desired).
- 5Refrigerate the mixture for about 3 hours.
- 6Remove the mixture from the fridge.
- 7Use an ice cream scoop (or your fingers) to form the chocolate into balls.
- 8Roll the ball in a bowl of unsweeted cocoa powder.
- 9Refrigerate before serving.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Candies
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g