Recipe by Law School Chef
I took this recipe from TLC's "Take Home Chef" show and website and omitted the almonds because I'm not a big fan. These are easy and tasty, but making them does involve a bit of a mess (although that's part of the fun, isn't it?)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces high quality semisweet chocolate (I use Ghirardelli)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (use more or less as needed)
- 4 ounces almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- In a small or medium saucepan, warm the cream over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chocolate until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in almonds (if desired).
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 3 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge.
- Use an ice cream scoop (or your fingers) to form the chocolate into balls.
- Roll the ball in a bowl of unsweeted cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate before serving.