Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the simplest cake I have ever made but you can easily dress it up and look impressive. I have been making this for over 20 years and only recently realized it's vegan! Just top with powdered sugar or fruit instead of whipped topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two 8 inch or one 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients over top and whisk until smooth. It will be "runny".
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and decorate as desired.
Not amazing, but pretty good. And great for how easy it is.
Excellent cake, great texture like a "real cake", stayed fresh. Made a great birthday cake!
For such a simple cake, this cake works out very well. I made as directed using Kittencal's Chocolate Frosting/Icing to frost. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Sorrie Lue!