Recipe by Veganized
This cake is low fat, egg free, milk free (it's vegan) BUT TASTY... Can be sugar free, too. Double, if you want a bigger cake. - Try it with coconut-mocha topping.
Top Review by Outta Here
This has a rich chocolate flavor, but is a bit dry. Perhaps some applesauce added with the oil would make it moister. I left out the vanilla sugar and added some orange extract. Served with fat-free non-dairy topping. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 7⁄8 cup sugar or 7⁄8 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil (e.g. canola)
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a 9-inch round pan.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine soy milk and oil and add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake about 30-35 minutes (until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.).
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes.