Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from my daughter's educational adviser, a font of wisdom and good advice. They're rich and fudgy and yes, there's no baking soda or powder.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt together the chocolate and sugar, Let cool.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour.
- Stir in vanilla, salt and coffee granules.
- Spread into a greased 8 x 8-inch square pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 350°F until tests done with a straw.