4 hrs 15 mins
I've had this recipe for 17 years (long before I owned an ice cream machine), and can't recall where I got it from. Since this ice cream is frozen in a loaf pan, no "ice cream making equipment" is needed. Cook time = approximate minimum freezing time, depending on your freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with foil.
- 2In a heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter.
- 3Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally, and boil for 1 minute.
- 4Remove pan from heat.
- 5In a blender, combine eggs, vanilla extract and salt, blend on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- 6Add brown sugar mixture and blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- 7Set mixture aside to cool.
- 8In a large bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- 9Fold the butter/sugar mixture, mini bits and walnuts into the whipped cream.
- 10Pour mixture into foil lined pan.
- 11Cover the top tightly with foil and freeze until firm (possibly overnight).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Bits & Walnut Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3208.8
- Calories from Fat 2467
- Total Fat 274.1 g
- Saturated Fat 140.3 g
- Cholesterol 1020.4 mg
- Sodium 1522.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 183.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 155.0 g
- Protein 36.4 g