Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another easy dessert. Chocolate and bananas, yum.
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- In a mixing bowl, combine pie filling, milk, vanilla and half of the whipped topping.
- Mix on low speed until well blended.
- Increase speed and beat until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into crust.
- Layer sliced bananas on top reserving 1/2 the bananas for garnish.
- Pour remaining filling into crust, chill 2 hours.
- Garnish with remaining bananas, whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
I tried two dishes tonight and this was one of them. What a tasty and easy desert!! Truly decadent!
EASY!! and from newbie NJ that means a lot!!! however - you do have to think ahead because this requires a couple of hours of chilling (i personally took a nap during this). what i did different: i made a graham cracker crust instead and didn't use chocolate syrup. it was great!!! and since i made the crust, i sprinkled some extra graham crackers on top for decoration, it looked gorgeous! in the future i'm going to flirt with a chocolate crust and strawberries with this recipe. another similar dessert is this one: Banana Dessert by Inez Willenborg (#23177) except you need REAL whipping cream and marshmellows instead of cool whip and pudding
This was so good...I was pleaantly surprised! I didn't think anything this easy could be sooooo good! Yummy yum yum!!!! :) I will definately be making again!!!