Prep 10 mins
Cook 32 mins
This is a very moist cake due to the bananas. Frost with a chocolate, caramel or peanut butter frosting or just sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- 177.44 ml mashed ripe banana
- 510.29 g pkge. dark chocolate cake mix (without pudding)
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml oil
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Place mashed bananas and remaining ingredients into mixing bowl. Beat with mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9 inch layer cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes, or until they test done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.
- Can bake in Bundt or tube pan for 45-55 minutes. Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Use a peanut butter glaze:.
- 4 (1 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares.
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter.
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts (optional).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and peanut butter, stirring constantly.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle nuts on top.