Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great recipe that I discovered thru trial and error. It's actually a modification of my grandmother's chili (she would never recognize this recipe, though). It is great for leftovers, as you can use it for a chili dog or chili cheese fries topping the next day!
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 3 cans black beans
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can pureed chipotle chile (or puree your own)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- lime juice
- tortilla chips (better than crackers!)
- cheddar cheese or queso blanco or chihuahua cheese
- sour cream
- Brown and drain ground turkey in separate saucepan.
- Sautee vegetables in stockpot.
- Add ground turkey to vegetables.
- Add beans to stockpot.
- Add spices, lime juice and chipotle puree.
- Bring to boil and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve with garnishes of tortilla chips (strips are great), cheese, and a dollop of sour cream!
WOW! Thats all I've got to say! I made this last night (with beef instead of turkey) and it got rave reviews! I added a 1/2 cup of red wine and an extra can of black beans and it was phenomenal. If you're sensitive to heat, leave out some or all of the peppers because they will put hair on your chest!