Recipe by luvn-n-the-oven
Simple and quick to prepare, these wraps pack a bold punch of flavor and are extremely adaptable to suit your own taste!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (use your favorite kind)
- 1 -2 canned chipotle chile in adobo (use 1 chili if you want it milder and 2 if you like it hotter. Note ( use 1-2 chilies, not 1-2 cans!)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 flour tortillas
- garlic powder
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick grill pan over medium high heat.
- Cut chicken breasts into slices about a half inch wide; season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place chicken slices in pan (about 8-10 at a time) and grill until browned and juices run clear, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Repeat until all chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, process chipotles in adobo in food processor until fine. Add in the BBQ sauce and process to make sure everything is pureed.
- Remove chipotle BBQ sauce and place in small saucepan over medium low heat until warmed through. Drop a few chicken pieces at a time in the sauce to coat.
- Place tortillas between 2 damp paper towels and microwave 30 seconds.
- Build your wrap: layer a few chicken pieces, lettuce, and cheese in middle of tortilla. Add sour cream if desired. Leave about 1-2 inches of tortilla at bottom with no fillings. Fold one edge of tortilla over, then fold up the bottom, and finish by folding over the remaining edge.
- Lay on plate with folded side down and enjoy!