Recipe by Bonitadreama
Ever wonder how to make chinese fried chicken? I think you will be pleased! Its fairly easy, You will need - 1 large Pot for deep frying, 1 Large Bowl, and 1 Medium Bowl. To separate the egg yolks a helpful hint, use the shell! If you don't believe in throwing things out, check out my easy chinese unfried rice for use of egg whites!
- 1 whole chicken (or quarters, or your favorite pieces)
- 2 eggs (Separated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese duck sauce (Or one Packet)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups flour (Depending on how much chicken you are cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a large bowl Separate egg yolks from egg whites, and put the egg whites on the side.
- Add Soy sauce, Chili powder, Sugar, Garlic Powder, and Duck sauce.
- Place chicken inside large bowl and rub chicken generously.
- Let marinate for approx 30 minutes (unless your impatient).
- Place flour in a medium sized bowl (use less flour, you can add more later).
- Heat Oil to a medium heat in a decent sized pot, deep frying is quickest.
- Take chicken from the marinade and cover with flour.
- Place in oil and cook for approximately 30 minutes (Smaller Pieces Less Time).
- When browned appropriately remove from oil and place on a plate with napkins.