Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This 3-ingredient soup is so easy to make. I use it as a sweet treat on a summer day. I make a batch without the ginger ale and just add 3/4 cup strawberry-yogurt blend to 1/2 cup ginger ale for a single 1 1/4 cup serving.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 quart sugar free diet ginger ale, chilled
- Process strawberries and yogurt in blender until smooth.
- Pour in pitcher/container and cover.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Add chilled ginger ale, stir and serve. Note: For a thicker soup, add more yogurt.
This was excellent. I took the other reader's suggestion and used Sprite. But I also realized too late that I didn't have any plain yogurt so I used vanilla ice cream. I guess it really just then tasted like fizzy strawberry ice cream, but we all enjoyed it immensely. An excellent, quick, summertime dessert! Thank you!
Cece, this is really good! I used fat free vanilla yogurt (since it was all I had) and mixed it up with my frozen strawberries. Then I used the individual serving directions you gave to make the bowls. I used chilled diet sprite. Even my 6 year old (the picky one) enjoyed it. I'll be making this a lot this summer I'm sure. I did find it better with a straw, though :)