Carol-Ann's Kitchen's Note:
This recipe dates back to my first attempts in the kitchen over 30yrs ago. I was a young bride and wishful to impress my husbands family with something homemade and more adventurous than ice cream and tinned fruit salad. My friend Pat Mitchell gave this recipe to me when I explained what I wanted,and she rattled it off immediately without resorting to a book or notes as if she had made it a dozen times. I don't know where she originally got it from.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush Digestive Biscuits (Sweet Wholemeal Biscuits), place in a bowl and stir in the melted margarine and cinnamon.
- 2Mix together well.
- 3Press firmly into a greased 8" flan form.
- 4For the Filling: Put the cottage cheese into a Pyrex bowl and beat in 2oz sugar, then the egg yolks one at a time.
- 5Stir in the milk, then place bowl over pan of simmering water. Cook 5-7 mins stirring constantly. Leave to Cool.
- 6Dissolve gelatin in hot water.
- 7Pour into cottage cheese mix with the juice and grated rind of two lemons.
- 8Cool until syrupy.
- 9Whisk egg white until stiff, gradually adding remainder of sugar.
- 10Fold into cheese mixture.
- 11Pour into crumb base.
- 12Chill until set.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chilled Lemon Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.9 mg
- Sodium 349.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: