Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chili with a baked-on crust is a main dish so delicious it's hard to believe it's so easy! Your family will love this variation on a long-time favorite, and you'll love how easy it is to make. This recipe came from a Betty Crocker Box
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat chili in skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until simmering. Remove from heat.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk and egg in small bowl with fork or wire whisk until blended.
- Spoon batter in ring around outer edge of chili. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese over batter.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and knife inserted in center of crust comes out clean.
- Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over center. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoyed the cheesy biscuit crust and this dish was very easy to prepare. Made for Fall 2013 My 3 Chefs.