Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is really a mix and bake casserole, it makes a great easy brunch! You can add in some green onions if you wish, the jalapeno is only optional, this dish can be served hot or cold.
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pint small-curd cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt (I use about 1/2 teaspoon)
- black pepper
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (to taste) (optional)
- parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl beat the eggs until light and lemon coloured.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except the chilies; blend until well combined.
- Stir in the chilies.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared baking disg.
- Sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until the top is browned and the center appears to be firm.