1/1 Photo of Easy Chili con Carne (No Beans)
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Some people like beans in their chili, some do not. This chili has no beans, but if you like beans, you can easily serve them on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown beef in a large deep pan.
- 2Drain fat.
- 3Add the garlic, 6 tbsp of the chili powder, and cumin, stirring to coat beef.
- 4Add the tomato sauce and the beef broth and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour (add some water if your heat is too high and chili gets too thick).
- 6Add masa gradually, stirring after each addition, until chili reaches desired thickness.
- 7Simmer 15-20 minutes more, then season to taste with salt and add cayenne, paprika, and last tbsp of chili powder.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chili con Carne (No Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.2
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.4 mg
- Sodium 1019.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 45.2 g