Recipe by momzers
I got this recipe from one of the school cookbooks, then kinda altered it to meet a mother with diapered childrens' schedule, not to mention a tight budget. Every one loves it!
Top Review by Shauna M
This chili was really bland, had to add more spices to give it flavor. Also, it is very thick!! I added some diced tomatoes and 2 8oz cans of tomato sauce to thin it out (plus I added some chicken stock at the end because it still looked to thick) I liked the mushrooms though, never had a chili w/ them
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can chili beans (I use mixed beans but kidney works too)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 small chopped onion
- chopped bell pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan fry up beef, onions and mushrooms until beef is golden brown.
- Add peppers at this point, cook until slightly soft. (I add some chili powder to the beef to cook it in when the kids aren't eating it.).
- In a large pot (spaghetti noodle size -- you know what I'm talking about) add tomato soup, tomato paste and chili beans and simmer over low heat.
- When the beef, onion and pepper mix is ready add it to the pot and stir.
- Sometime I add chili powder now.