2 hrs 20 mins
This is a super fast super easy chili recipe that I got from my mom (not sure where she got it from). The bacon really gives it a different taste. My family loves this chili and I hope you will too. Good with dinner rolls or garlic bread. Great comfort food. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans (do not drain)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (more if you wish)
- dried chili pepper flakes (1-2 tsp or to taste) (optional) or hot sauce (1-2 tsp or to taste) (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Using kitchen scissors snip bacon, 3 or 4 slices at a time, in 1/2 inch wide pieces into large pot or dutch oven on stove.
- 2Fry until bacon starts to brown (stirring occasionally).
- 3Add onion and continue to fry and stir until onion is cooked 5-8 minute.
- 4Add ground beef and cook until browned and bacon and onion is well mixed inches.
- 5Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 6Simmer on stove for a couple of hours stirring often.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chili
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.1
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 96.4 mg
- Sodium 737.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 35.7 g